Filling autoblogs with Google news
Google news is a nice way to get some content into your niche autoblog, but you will have some preparing to do.
(For starters, get and install WP-o-Matic)
- Point your browser to news.google.com
- Enter your search phrase, for this example we will be using “chimpanzee birth” (Always good to keep up with the family)
- Now look on the lower left navigation and press the link for “RSS”
- You are taken to the page of the RSS feed, go and grab that URL. It should look like this:
- Enter that as feed address into a new WP-o-Matic campaign
Now we have to get rid of the nastiness that is the Google news link. Basically, Google does not give you the direct links in the feed , but redirects them via their servers. Luckily, we can get rid of them by way of the rewrite ability of WP-o-Matic.
- Go to the “Rewrite” tab
- Enter this for origin:
- Check “Regex”
- Under “Rewrite to” enter $1
- check “rewrite”