Targeting image search traffic
Now, young grasshoper, that you know how to get image search traffic to your site, you should focus on a worthier goal:
Targeted image traffic
I mentioned before, that I got one of my blogs onto the first image SERP for the term coffee.
Q: Did it help much?
A: Not really.
Keep in mind to get targeted image searches:
Optimize all your images that you want to appear in the image search and only those.
Here are some image otimization do’s and dont’s
- DON’T Give attributes to navigation images
- Maybe even go as far as to name them something like navi_01.jpg, or menu_lower.gif
- DON’T Give attributes / names to images NOT related to your keywords
- If you have a cat picture on your ringtone page, name it pic01 .jpg, skip the title and alt tag
- DO Give EXTRA LOVING to pictures that are related to your niche
- DO Get high quality pictures, buy them if necessary!
- DO Don’t just call it smartphone.jpg, call it palm-treo-680.jpg
- DO Move some text describing the image into the same TD as the image (thanks, Eli)
- DO Remember to give fitting alt tags and title text
- DO Think about moving your affiliate link into a lightbox.